A new friendship!
One day Steve Unckles was feeling pretty darn unhappy. In his house in Echo Park, Los Angeles, California, Steve looked into the mirror in his bathroom and sighed.
"I'm so lonely lately," Steve admitted to himself, sighing and examining the reflection of his piercing blue eyes. "I just don't know what to do." Steve went to the kitchen and took a corona from the fridge, running his right hand through his thick, curly brown hair. It was his first beer of the day, but the way things were going, it wouldn't be his last. He looked down at his siamese Cat, Bam, who was named after skating star Bam Margera.
"Well, Bam," Steve said, "I think I better go to the movies at the Grove Mall, my favorite place to see movies in Los Angeles. Wouldn't it be nice if I found a friend there? But that will never happen."
Bam just looked up and yawned. Looks like it was going to be that kind of day.
Meanwhile Eva was driving in her red Ford Focus, singing along with Modest Mouse -- one of her three favorite bands. "Float, on... all right/ We'll all float/ Together" sang Eva along with the music, slapping the wheel with one polished finger.
"Man what am I gonna do today," thought Eva. She'd already dropped off her laundry and eaten some delicious indian food. What was left to do? Go dancing? Too early, and she'd already done that this week. Go to the park? The sun was much too bright for her milky white skin. There was only one solution. Go get a delicious frozen yogurt at the new Grove mall! She slammed down her gas pedal and sped into the city.
"I'm so lonely lately," Steve admitted to himself, sighing and examining the reflection of his piercing blue eyes. "I just don't know what to do." Steve went to the kitchen and took a corona from the fridge, running his right hand through his thick, curly brown hair. It was his first beer of the day, but the way things were going, it wouldn't be his last. He looked down at his siamese Cat, Bam, who was named after skating star Bam Margera.
"Well, Bam," Steve said, "I think I better go to the movies at the Grove Mall, my favorite place to see movies in Los Angeles. Wouldn't it be nice if I found a friend there? But that will never happen."
Bam just looked up and yawned. Looks like it was going to be that kind of day.
Meanwhile Eva was driving in her red Ford Focus, singing along with Modest Mouse -- one of her three favorite bands. "Float, on... all right/ We'll all float/ Together" sang Eva along with the music, slapping the wheel with one polished finger.
"Man what am I gonna do today," thought Eva. She'd already dropped off her laundry and eaten some delicious indian food. What was left to do? Go dancing? Too early, and she'd already done that this week. Go to the park? The sun was much too bright for her milky white skin. There was only one solution. Go get a delicious frozen yogurt at the new Grove mall! She slammed down her gas pedal and sped into the city.

3 Comments:
Just want to offer my support -- i"m a big fan of friendship fanfic and this is already looking like a good one. I hope you keep it up. Will keep checking...
""What is flirtatiousness but an argument that life must go on and on and on?"
Kurt Vonnegut -- "Jailbird"
These guys really seem like good friends, and lately I keep thinking how very very rare good friends are. Seriously, lets keep this going and I look forward to reading more adventures.
My "friend" sent me a link to this blog. I had heard about what great friends Steva were before and it's so cool how you capture the tone of their relationship even in stories that never happened. Thank you for what they are doing-- even if it does make me wish I had a better friendships with my friends. That just means I'll make more of an effort in the future.
Post a Comment
<< Home