Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A New friendship! PART III

HIGHWAY TO HELL-OH! Eva zipped up the top of her duffel bag "I'm almost packed!" she thought to herself. Only one more bag to finish and then I'm ready to hop in the car for the amazing roadtrip! That's right, Eva and Steve were taking their time off from working to go on an incredible vacation in Joshua Tree. Eva had been there once in high school and had told Steve for years about the rock formations and the flowering cacti. Just as she put the finishing touches on her packing, she heard the cool BEEP BEEP of a beige Honda Accord on the street in front of her house. She threw open the windows.
"You ready, Steve?" she yelled down.
"AM I?" yelled steve, his hair looking curly as ever. She said goodbye to her cat Billy Jack and clomped on down the stairs to her vacation destination!!!!
Steve looked at his old friend Eva as she came down the stair of her Los Angeles apartment. He thought back. How amazing it was that they had become friends so fast after he had almost dropped that coffee on her head! Steve's guessed they just had a connection because they both liked so many of the same things, including graphic novels, the band Modest Mouse, and plays. The result was obviously an awesome friendship that was built to last. Steve raised his open hand and Eva high-fived it really hard as she got in the accord, signalling that the adventure was on.
"Should we stop at Starbuck's and get some coffee and brownies?" asked Eva, yelling above both the wind and the vocals of Isaac Brock, lead singer of Modest Mouse, blasting out of the speakers.
"Not it there are any seagulls around," said Steve, smiling.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit: I was a little suspicious of this blog at first as I've been burned by other friendship fanfic sites, but this one seems like it's really genuine. I think Steve and Eva should take it to the snow. Maybe they could make snow angels and hang out and just drink some beers or whatever. Keep it real.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing blog and what a super friendship to read about! I am honestly jealous of those two friends Steve and Eva. I read these posts then I actually had a dream where Steve and Eva went to high school together and were really good friends even before.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home