Friday, March 25, 2005

JOSHUA TREE - JOURNEYING -PART II

Down the road Steve Unckles and Eva Anderson flew as fast as Steve's 1993 beige Honda Accord could take them. The two awesome friends hadn't spoken for a while, each lost in their own thoughts. Eva was thinking about a play she was writing about some mafia gangsters in the forties, and Steve was thinking about his favorite food, Satsuma Oranges. A few minutes passed as the desert rushed by them in a blur of cactuses and scrub bushes. Suddenly they both spoke together at the same time.

"Do you think you could kill someone with an orange?"

They both busted out laughing that they had said the same thing at the same time. "How crazy is that?" said Eva.
"A billion," said Steve hilariously, making one of his jokes.
"What?" said Eva.

But that kind of thing wasn't really all that surprising to the two good friends-- they had known each other so long that there was a special connection. It was like they were psychic, but really it was just cause they knew each other so well and had a real bond.

Steve smiled-- "Well, what do you think? Could you kill someone with an orange?"

Eva laughed. "I don't know! That's why I asked you!"

Steve laughed again, actually clutching his stomach as he drove due to the funniness of his friend. One of the things Eva and Steve had in common, Steve realized, is that they both really enjoyed humour. That led him to another thought: another thing they had in common is that they would always be there for each other. "Cause that," Steve thought, "is what friendship is all about. "

Next to him in the car, Eva reached into the back seat and pulled out a bag of beef jerky."I love beef jerky" she said, offering Steve the bag.

"Me too." said Steve. "Me too."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This story gets richer by the day! You've inspired me to start writing my own Steva fanfic. Maybe one where they go buy some shoes? I love these guys!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is really really intense. And I'm absolutely floored by the level of the friendship-- I only wish I could have a friendship like this one with some one. Even married to someone I love and with an awesome kid, I'm still jealous of this friendship. I've been thinking about writing my own fan fiction about Steve and Eva-- in mine they would work together on a newspaper and have to stay up late to get their deadlines. But they're such good friends they never get grouchy!

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having consulted with my colleagues and based on the information gathered from the Nigerian Chambers Of Commerce And Industry, I have the privilege to request your assistance to transfer the sum of $47,500,000.00 (forty seven million, five hundred thousand United States dollars) into your accounts. The above sum resulted from an over-invoiced contract, executed, commissioned and paid for about five years (5) ago by a foreign contractor.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STEVA IS KICKASS or my name's not David FUCKING Leamy.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home