Saturday, March 26, 2005

JOSHUA TREE-- JOURNEYING PART III

According to the last road sign, Steve and Eva were only 23 miles away from Joshua Tree, the world famous national park and desert. Both friends were psyched in anticipation-- Joshua Tree is a beautiful place and a really fun place to hang out at.
Steve's love for animals was making look forward to see the many insects and small animals of the desert. Next to him, Eva adjusted her sunglasses and thought about the way her life was going. She had just had a long conversatioin with Steve about her job, and Steve had listened really well and was so sympathetic to her problems like always.
Steve and Eva were going like 70 miles per hour. Suddenly there was a big semi-truck on it's side in the middle of the road! They were about to crash right into an accident! Steve grabbed the steering wheel and pulled it hard to the right, causing the car to go off the road and into the desert! Steve hit the brakes as his car passed through the cactus and brush at the edge of the road. Eva was screaming! But they couldn't stop. Then, out of nowhere, the car went over a huge jump and flew into the sky. Steve and Eva looked out the window and down to the desert below. Steve turned to Eva as the car fell down toward the earth.
"You're a great friend, Eva." said Steve.
Eva stopped screaming and said, "You are too Steve. I forgive you if we die."
Just then the car slammed into the ground hard, on all four wheels. They were fine! Next to the car was a sign: ""Welcome to Joshua Tree National Park. Don't do anything dangerous here." Steve and Eva laughed and laughed, knowing not only that the sign was funny but that when you're with your friends it's always easy to have a good time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is getting really, really, really good. If Steva is having this much fun and this much adventure before they even get to Joshua Tree, think how much fun they'll have now that they arrived! GOD DAMN IT I wish I was friends with these guys!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Writing about Steva going to Joshua Tree was a super good idea. I keep coming back here, hoping to see Part IV. It's not here yet, but I understand this stuff takes time. The first time I read these, I kept thinking about my friend Greg, who I haven't talked to in a long time. We'd kind of fallen out of touch. Steve and Eva seem so close, and it just seemed like something really I wanted, you know? A friendship like that? Well... I called Greg. He's doing good, and he's probably going to come over and shoot hoops with me next week. I guess what I'm saying is, keep up the good work. We all appreciate it.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home