Thursday, March 31, 2005

JOSHUA TREE ADVENTURE! PART 1

"We're finally here!" shouted Hollywood's Eva Anderson as Steve pulled his beige Honda into a parking spot. "I can't wait for the fun we're going to have!"
"YOU can't wait?" said Steve, nearly shouting in his excitement as he got out of the car, "I'm the one who can't wait! I'm FREAKING OUT!!!!"
"Wow Steve," said Eva, wearing sunglass against the bright light of the outdoors. "looks like you forgot to take your medication!"
"Ha Ha Ha!" said Steve, laughing at Eva's classic joke. He pulled his green jansport backpack out of the trunk of the honda and handed Eva her cute plastic purse. "What's in this thing, Eva? I'm suprised at how heavy it is for such a small bag!" he asked.
"Just a bunch of water," Eva said. "It gets really hot out here in Joshua tree, and if you don't stay hydrated you could die. Did you bring any water?" she asked.
Steve shrugged off the question with a toss of his curly hair. "I've got some water here in the trunk-- I'll drink it when we get back from our adventure."
Eva would have told him that what he was proposing was dangerous, but she didn't want to spoil the fun they were having with an argument. "Okay!" she said, applying sunscreen to her skin. "Would you like some of this sunscreen?"
"I'll be okay!" said Steve, squinting into the horizon. "My mop of hair will protect from the ultraviolet rays, and plus that goopy sunscreen kind of grosses me out." Steve spat on the ground in disgust.
Again, Eva was worried that maybe Steve was being dangerous. "Steve?" she said, "if you don't wear sunscreen you might get burned." But while Eva was speaking Steve had noticed a gila monster eating a sheep next to the car.
"Never mind that, Eva! Look at this exciting gila monster!" In the excitement of seeing the gila monster Eva forgot all about the sunscreen and put it back into the car.
"I'm so glad we came here," said Steve. "The word Gila is pronounced like it starts with an H but it really starts with a G."
Finally the two good friends tired of watching the gila monster eat, and got ready to go on the three-mile hike that would take them to the beautiful Joshua Tree Natural Arch, a rocken arch that was one of the greatest natural formations in the world. Steve struggled to get into his heavy backpack.
Eva had to ask, "What do you have in there?"
"Survival supplies!" said Steve, winking. "Let's go hiking!"
The two started up the hill. Above them, a black vulture circled.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm pumped about these guys having such a good adventure. But did anyone else notice what risky behavior Steve is is engaging in? Maybe I'm being paranoid. But sometimes I think Steve rushes ahead with out thinking about things. That could be dangerous, but luckily he's got Eva to be there for him when things got bad. I guess that's why they call them Steva!
Real fast-- it would be awesome if Steve and Eva worked together in an office on a TV show. Just something to think about.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steva like sunshine.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home